FIELD SUPERINTENDENT / SAFETY COORDINATOR
Job Title: Field Superintendent / Safety Coordinator
Incumbent : Omar Knapper
Reports To: Daniel L. Levine, Operations Leader
Manage the field crews on assigned projects daily with the objective of meeting or bettering the budgeted job costs and achieving all safety and regulatory compliance requirements as defined by Conflo, OSHA and local Air Quality Districts. Keep the Operations Leader, Production Team and Project Managers updated on their assigned jobs.
PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES / DIMENSIONS:
- ELATE all external and internal customers with the highest level of field work, housekeeping safety and communication.
- Responsible for all aspects of Production Planning including; 1) meeting with Conflo’s Project Manager, the consultant and / or the customer at least three days prior to a job start to identify the scope of work and to identify the work practices and engineering controls required and, 2) generating requisition orders for required material, equipment, bins and subcontractors.
- Submit requisitions for material and Conflo equipment to Warehouse Manager. Submit requisitions for rental equipment and subs to Scheduling Manager.
- Assist the Production Team with Scheduling.
- Assist the Operations Leader with the execution of Conflo’s Safety and Health Plan. Ensure that it is distributed, understood and practiced on all jobsites and Conflo facilities.
- Manage all aspects of their assigned jobs including job costing, percent completion, respiratory plans etc. and helping resolve problem issues.
- Perform daily jobsite visits to identify, evaluate and control workplace hazards and ensure that the appropriate PPE is used.
- Take ownership of and administer the respiratory protection program to ensure that we apply the proper respirator protection based on the air monitoring lab results on each job. Collect air samples and assess the results to ensure that the proper respiratory protection is being used.
- Review actual production costs (labor, equipment and material usage) versus production goals daily for each job with each Foreman as directed by the Production Administrator / Job Cost Analyst.
- Authorize the demobilization of a containment or of a job only after approving the quality and completeness of a job. Contact the Warehouse Manager and the Scheduling Manager for demobilization of materials and equipment.
- Ensure that the company has ZERO lost time accidents
- Ensure that each and every job is compliant with the OSHA and with the local AQMD regulations such that we have ZERO violations and citations.
- Ensure that all equipment and material is cleaned prior to being returned to the warehouse.
- Assist the Warehouse manager (as needed) with the delivery of material and equipment to and from the jobs.
- Attend bi-weekly production meetings.
- Attend bi-monthly Supervisor meetings.
Managerial Skills: Ability to recruit, train and monitor field personnel.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, construction plans and regulations.
Reporting: Ability to write reports / procedures and to communicate / present information.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate and interpret job cost data.
Education / Experience: College degree in Business Management or equivalent or 5 years of field and office experience in the abatement / demolition industry.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems.
Conflo Services, Inc:
We are fully insured and bonded according to the California State Contractors Board requirements:
- California CSLB # 965030
- Classifications: A, B, Haz, C21, C22
- DOSH Registration for Asbestos Removal # 1034